FREE SOFTWARE
Here's a list of programs that are free/open source. I have all the microsoft products on my computer and I have to say keeping up with licensing and the latest version is a pain in the ass and needless to say very expensive over time. My switch to these programs has been gradual but I have to say I am VERY happy with them and today I am Microsoft free. (Except for Windows) Plus they all are fully compatible with the paid versions so you can easily share, import and export files. NOT a problem. I don't even miss them. I'm tempted to erase everything Microsoft but I'm just not there yet...maybe next week. LOL
Keep in mind everyone is targeting microsoft and they are doing it by offering competitive alternatives for FREE hoping you will pay for other services they offer. So take advantage. And all are compatible with MS Windows and Mac OS X computers.
I strongly recommend Google products in general. They keep improving every day and best of all I can keep things synced online and on my computer (using Google Gears which is also a free service). Plus they play well with other programs like Microsoft Office. If you use the Google products I'd recommend downloading their browser (also FREE) called Chrome. (Click here to download: http://www.google.com/chrome) It's by far the fastest and most stable browser I've used and it works seamlessly with their products. But no worries, they work great in Internet Explorer and Firefox too.
FYI - This email was created using Google Docs. My personal website www.kevincoffer.com and my business blog http://sites.google.com/site/justaskadesigner/ were made FREE using Google Sites. My personal blogs www.kevincoffer.blogspot.com and www.kevincoffer.wordpress.com were created FREE on Blogger and Wordpress. And all the images and information were created and edited FREE using the software suggested in this email. I advertise my company Free on Facebook Pages (http://www.facebook.com/justaskadesigner) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/jaadesigner). I promote myself and my company for FREE on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/kevincoffer). There is so much you can do and all you need is a little creativity and the will to learn a few programs. And in most cases, once you learn one, you'll understand them all.
I didn't want this blog entry to be too long so I broke down specific types into 3 blogs.
Check out these blog pages for more information and links:
http://kevincoffer.blogspot.com/2010/02/free-office-productivity-software.html
http://kevincoffer.blogspot.com/2010/02/free-photo-illustration-and-drafting.html
http://kevincoffer.blogspot.com/2010/02/free-anti-virus-malware-and-spyware.html
I didn't want this blog entry to be too long so I broke down specific types into 3 blogs.
Check out these blog pages for more information and links:
http://kevincoffer.blogspot.com/2010/02/free-office-productivity-software.html
http://kevincoffer.blogspot.com/2010/02/free-photo-illustration-and-drafting.html
http://kevincoffer.blogspot.com/2010/02/free-anti-virus-malware-and-spyware.html
1 comment:
You should also have a look at SSuite Office for a free office suite. They have a whole range of office suites that are free for download.
Their software also don't need to run on Java or .NET, like MS Office and so many open source office suites, so it makes their software very small and efficient.
You may try these links for more info:
http://www.ssuitesoft.com/index.htm
or
http://www.ssuitesoft.com/ssuiteexcalibur.htm
or
http://ssuite5element.webs.com/thefifthelement.htm
Post a Comment